what I'm thankful for

By Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I love the Thanksgiving holiday. Its focus is pure: coming together to enjoy a meal and giving thanks for another year on this planet. I am thankful every day for my wildly patient and loving husband and my little Pickle who makes me so darn happy, even when he’s a stubborn 2.5-year-old. I’m thankful for my family – my overly generous and supportive parents and my fun, smart and caring siblings to whom I am so close (how lucky am I?!).

But, as I’ve gotten older, it’s the little things for which I am more and more thankful:
1. My daily thermos of delicious coffee made with such care by my husband.
2. Pickle calling me “my mama, my Sarah” when I pick him up from daycare. Too sweet.
3. A job that helps me enjoy all the little things outside of work.
4. A sunny day.
5. A long run.
6. Not rushing somewhere.
7. A husband who cleans up after I cook!
8. A child who sings all of the time and who walks with purpose and confidence. What a gift.
9. NPR.
10. An abundance of love.

I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving Day full of delicious food and drink, lots of hugs and kisses from those you love and, most importantly, a moment to rest and relax.

Cheers, -s.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Stopping by from Daily Buzz Moms... this is such a sweet list. I especially *heart* #8. I have a little 3 year old like that. She's such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete