this week's menu

By Monday, January 25, 2010 , , ,

So, I’m doing the two-for-one special again this week. I don’t know why I haven’t been doing this more, since it saves me a huge amount of time on the weeknights while still providing us with some delicious and satisfying meals.

Chris’s dad was in town this weekend and we had that classic Italian-American duo of spaghetti and meatballs for dinner last night. I made a large batch of meatballs and baked them like I always do, but reserved a portion of them for dinner later in the week. While I was at it, I roasted some split chicken breast (just a coating of olive oil, kosher salt and pepper) for tortilla soup and later chicken tikka masala. All of this was done with relative ease on a Sunday afternoon.

We’re in the process of closing on our house, moving into a condo temporarily while we figure out our job situations over the next six to nine months, etc., so if my posts are a little sporadic, a little wine-soaked or just a little silly, I apologize in advance; come March 1, I should be back to “normal.”

With that caveat, here’s what we’re eating this week (I haven't done this in a while; sorry!):

Menu: Week of 24 January 2010
Sunday:
Spaghetti and meatballs with a salad of mixed greens and garlic-oil infused bread
Monday: Tortilla soup with chicken, avocado and queso fresco
Tuesday: Koftë (aka the leftover meatballs) with hummus, hothouse cucumbers and lemony Greek yogurt with multi-grain pita.
Wednesday: Chicken tikka masala with basmati rice
Thursday: Turkish-style braised green beans with yogurt and whole-wheat flatbread
Friday: locro de papas (Andean potato stew) served with avocado and queso fresco.

You Might Also Like

0 comments