at the market and this week's menu

By Monday, May 10, 2010 , , ,

Brrrr. It was a cold and blustery visit to the market this week. Pickle was throwing some major attitude around, so our trip was a quick one, but we did manage to pick up some delicious vegetables and other delectibles and I even snapped a photo of a vendor’s tulips — yes, I finally remembered my camera!

I hope all the moms reading this post had a wonderful mother’s day. I did! Besides letting me snooze a little longer both Saturday and Sunday, my super-fabulous husband also gifted me with the Cuisinart Elite 16-cup food processor (it is just awesome). When I opened it, he said, “It’s bigger than you!” It’s not that big, but it does dwarf my little, on-its-last-leg, 11-year-old, 7-cup capacity Cuisinart. I am just so excited about it, so excited that I sliced open my thumb on one of the blades while washing all the parts. I am pretty tough when it comes to kitchen-related injuries (you should see my hands), but this one took my breath away and I went through about a half-roll of paper towel to staunch the bleeding. Needless-to-say, it's now officially mine :)

At the market
Asparagus
Baby red onions
Cottage cheese
Eggs from dreamfarm
Mixed baby greens
Mint
Spinach

Menu: Week of 9 May 2010
Saturday:
Local cheeses and cured meats with crackers, fruit and wine
Sunday: Roasted pork tacos with pickled red onions, avocado and sprouts, served with a bean salad and mojitos
Monday: Pasta with sautéed sweet Italian sausage and spinach
Tuesday: Ricotta frittata served with roasted asparagus
Wednesday: Cuban sandwiches with mixed greens vinaigrette
Thursday: Minty pea and lima bean puree on crostini and topped with poached eggs
Friday: Pizza Bianca with mixed greens vinaigrette

Happy eating, -s.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, we could have spent Mother's day at urgent care together with our sliced fingers. How funny.

    ReplyDelete