shake your booty friday and a recipe

By Friday, April 12, 2013


It's FINALLY the weekend. Hallelujah! It's a bit soggy here in the Mad City, but we're moving in the right direction as the snow has melted and I see a few tulips and crocuses popping up through the ground. Here's a great song to start the weekend. Pour a glass of wine (a cote du Rhone, if you're me) or crack open a beer (preferably an IPA, if you're Mr. Klein) with this one. Cheers!

p.s. Speaking of Mr. Klein ... he's been making a batch of this amazing granola every week - he uses coconut oil, pistachios and dried cherries for his variation. It's delicious with milk or out of hand as a snack.

p.p.s Here's what we're eating this weekend:
Friday: shrimp and pea panang curry with jasmine rice
Saturday: Baked cod and chorizo with potatoes
Sunday: Turkey koftë  with hummus, lemony Greek yogurt, persian cucumbers, whole-grain pita

p.p.p.s I've been trying to clock more miles during my runs as I want to do a half marathon with my sister, Holley, again in August ... here's a recipe for my favorite pre- or post-run smoothie.

My Runner's Smoothie
makes 2 smoothies

Ingredients
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
2 frozen, ripe bananas
2 heaping tablespoons natural peanut butter or almond butter
4-6 medjool dates, chopped
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate

Directions
Add all the ingredients to a blender (add the liquids first), and blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!

Happy weekend, -s.

You Might Also Like

0 comments