bananas!

By Friday, June 06, 2014

lake mendota looking lovely
 
I’ve been stretched really thin the last few months.  I feel like my patience gets even more stretched out when I’m stressed, which is SO unfair to the three boys I live with (sorry, guys). It seems like the more I take on, the harder it is to say no to other things. As summer is just barely starting, but feels almost over at the same time, I need to say “no” to more things that add stress and complications and “yes” to more fun, more relaxing, more stress-free activities. Especially when summer just isn’t long enough here! Here’s to easy, breezy summer fun.

An oldie but a goodie to kick off the weekend.

Bananas! My favorite fruit – so versatile. It can go sweet and savory. It’s portable. It’s great for a hangover and goes perfect with peanut butter. What more can I say, except check out these beauties:
 
banana meringue pudding
 
 
 
 
5/ Banana Black-Bean Empanadas – a long-time favorite and kiddo approved.
 
 
Popsicles, Paletas, Ices – sophisticated popsicles that are popping up all over the place. Here’s a few I’m going to make for days too hot to eat anything else:
 

1/ Anyone from Southern California knows their Date shake … here it is in frozen form:
 
2/ Just in time for strawberry season:
 
3/ Perfect summertime use of my Rancho Gordo Mexican chocolate:
 
4/ Ginger + Watermelon­­= refreshing:
 
 
Coveting: Serena and Lily’s outdoor collection. Goodness.
 
 
Quote of the week:
My doctor told me I had to stop throwing intimate dinners for four unless there are three other people. ­– Orson Welles
 
Happy eating, -s.

You Might Also Like

0 comments